Do you have a wet, leaky basement? We offer a variety of cost-effective Basement Waterproofing Solutions, customized to keep your home dry.
Don’t let moisture turn your basement into a dark, damp, scary place you hardly use! Reclaim valuable basement living space. Schedule a free assessment with Olshan.
Olshan’s complete home structural services include Basement Waterproofing, Basement Repair and Air Quality solutions designed to fit your home improvement goals and budget. Only Olshan offers:
- Comprehensive Waterproofing solutions
- Certified Structural Technicians
- Free estimates
- 87 Years of foundation experience
- A+ BBB Rating
- Convenient payment plans
- Available ongoing maintenance
- Customer support
Take back control of your basement and put that valuable square footage to good use. How about a private gym, game room, storage area or music studio?
Reclaim the space – schedule a free, no-obligation assessment now.
Basement foundations are naturally vulnerable to seepage
For homes with basement foundations, even small cracks and leaks can lead to structural damage and moisture problems. The longer you wait to address the problems, the worse they usually become.
When it comes to moisture problems in homes with basement foundations, common areas of concern include:
- Water intrusion from spaces between the footer and poured basement floor
- Cracks in the basement floor that allow water to seep in
- Cracks or pressure on basement wall mortar joints that allow water to seep in
- Windows or sweating walls that trap water and introduce moisture into the basement
- Bowed or tilted walls that leave the basement susceptible to water intrusion
- Subsurface water, hidden underneath the foundation that can cause structural damage
- Cracks in basement walls that develop and worsen as the clay soils supporting the foundation expand and contract over time
Since water always seeks the path of least resistance, it’s important to address structural damage in your basement early-on, before more serious damage occurs.
Two great ways to waterproof your basement
What exactly does basement waterproofing mean? At Olshan, the answer depends on you!
Waterproofing is a general term used to describe any repair that helps prevent water from getting into the basement. Depending on your home improvement goals and the severity of the problems affecting your foundation, there are two great options to consider:
A method of waterproofing your home from inside of the basement. Water is allowed to enter the basement, and then is forcibly managed away. This method often requires concrete breakout, includes sump pumps and affords a shorter installation time.
- Includes drainage systems installed inside the basement (usually the Water Lock Plus™ System)
- Waterproofing on the inside of your home requires concrete breakout, unless you have a monolithic basement slab (rare)
- In most instances a sump pump system will be installed
- Shorter installation time compared to Exterior Waterproofing
- Full interior wall waterproofing is sometimes recommended (Olshan’s Wall Shield vapor barrier)
- Interior waterproofing allows water into your basement, then manages it away
- This repair is easy to service
Waterproofing Your Basement from the Inside the Olshan Way – How it Works
Learn more about the innovative basement waterproofing service using the Water Lock Plus System, exclusively from Olshan.
A method of waterproofing your home from outside of the basement. Designed to help stop water before it enters your basement. This method often requires excavation of the basement wall and includes an exterior moisture barrier. Since work is not performed inside the home, it’s also a great way to waterproof a finished basement that is used regularly.
- Work performed outside, no disturbance to the interior of your basement
- A sump pump system is sometimes recommended, but may not be necessary
- Longer installation time compared to interior waterproofing
- Includes exterior wall waterproofing with moisture barrier, dimple board and drainage
Learn more about exterior waterproofing.
Interior Waterproofing vs Exterior Waterproofing. Which method works best for me?
Both methods are highly effective. To determine which solution works best for you, an Olshan Certified Structural Technician will analyze your basement to determine where the problems occur, consult with you about your long-term home improvement goals, then identify the best possible solution for you.
Schedule your free assessment now.
We keep the best technology on-hand. Allowing us to fix basements of all types and sizes, while meeting any budget.
Old, obsolete products cant compare to today’s technological advanced basement solutions. Built on 87 Years of industry experience and research, the experts at Olshan have developed a cutting-edge approach to basement repair.
Our Basement Waterproofing products & services include:
- Water Lock Plus™ – Our most powerful interior water discharge system.
- Pipe & Rock – Resistant to crushing.
- Surface Glue Down – Integrates into existing wall system.
- Segmented Pipe – Multiple moisture capture points.
- Baseboard Water Channel – Interior Water Management for basements with monolithic slabs.
- Wall Shield – Added defense against basement wall moisture.
- Under Floor Drain – Installed under the footer with Water Lock Plus™.
- Exterior Wall Waterproofing – Exterior Water Management for poured concrete and masonry block walls.
- Surface Drain – Removes pooling surface water.
- Footer Drain with Gravel Fill – Discharges pooling water and alleviates hydrostatic pressure from outside the basement.
- Downspout Extensions – Helps move water out and away from the foundation.
- Sump Pump Basins & Sump Pumps – Forcibly discharge water that enters the basement.
- Gravity Discharge – Uses a slope to discharge pooling water away from the foundation.
- French Drain – Traditional & effective exterior Water Management system.
- Double Barrel Drain – Combination drain collects water below grade.
- Basement Dehumidifiers – Reduces humidity inside the home.
- HumiGo™ – Energy efficient way to reduce humidity inside the home.
Basement Waterproofing alone isn’t always enough
Leaks and water seepage that begin in the basement can create issues throughout your home that negatively affect indoor air quality and create structural damage. It’s important to treat the source of the problem, not just patch the symptom. As experts in comprehensive Foundation Repair, our basement repair plans are not limited to just Water Management.
Our approach is uniquely crafted to address the 3 key problem areas that affect your home.
Many of the Basement Waterproofing repair plans we offer also include aspects of Structural Repair and Exterior Water Management.
We didn’t become one of the most trusted names in Foundation Repair & Waterproofing overnight. We’ve built experience over the course of eighty years. Put that experience to work you for you. Contact Olshan Foundation Repair now.