The basement can truly be a special area for family life in your home. It’s an incredibly versatile space that can be used as an office, a den, a TV room or game center, even a guest area! Whatever its purpose, the basement can be just as important to the family routine as a kitchen or master bedroom. That is… if you can even use it!
In the South, basements are less common due to natural phenomenon like soil composition and water tables closer to the ground surface. A home can flood due to a variety of issues like heavy rains, melting snow runoffs, and even poor design. Basements and crawl spaces are notorious for moisture problems, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Trust Olshan’s crawl space repair and basement waterproofing solutions and restore your home’s foundation.
A Natural Pathfinder Than Can Lead to Foundation Problems
Water is naturally adept at seeking the best way into a home. Over, across, even under properly-designed construction footers, water not only seeks the path of least resistance, it’s also excellent at finding said path.
What Causes Moisture Problems in A Basement or Crawl Space?
According to DoItYourself.com, there are five common causes of basement flooding, ranging from structural issues like basements built in homes on low plains to blocked gutters and poorly installed drainage networks.
These can be exacerbated by the five most common ways water enters your basement:
- Foundation Problems. Even a small crack or area of damage can give water all the opportunity it needs to seep in and damage your basement.
- Cracks in the Basement Floor. When excess water in the soil has nowhere to go, the pressure build-up can cause it to flow up into your basement.
- Bleeding or Sweating Walls or Window Sills. Excessive moisture eventually leads to water pooling in your basement.
- Cracks in Walls or Mortar Joints. Hydrostatic pressure helps excess water in soil find its path of least resistance and into the basement.
Olshan Fixes Problems Before They Start
All it takes is one heavy rainstorm or a particularly aggressive snow melt to turn a basement’s small water issue into major problems. Damaged appliances, loss of basement living space, mold growth, and more can result. Luckily, Olshan has developed a state-of-the-art waterproofing solution to fix current complications in Winston-Salem homes and prevent problems before they start.
Cutting-Edge Technology Reclaims Valuable Basement Space
With quality, durability, and homeowner convenience in mind, Olshan developed a unique solution called the Water Lock™ Plus System that uses a dual method of water removal to keep your basement dry. The exclusive dual channel solution utilizes the best of interior and exterior waterproofing technology! One channel uses a special geotech fabric while the other is open to catch more water. If required, our certified Water Lock Plus technicians will also install a sump pump or gravity drain.
The solution can even be combined with both exterior and interior waterproofing methods like the Wall Shield vapor barrier.
The Water Lock solution is designed to be completed with maximum convenience and efficacy with the least amount of home disruption possible. In most cases the process only takes one or two days, and it’s always backed by Olshan’s hassle-free Water Lock Plus Warranty.
Why Choose the Water Lock Plus Solution for Foundation Repair?
- Its unique dual channel technology is perfectly designed to accommodate water removal without clogging.
- The pipes are easily adaptable and can be custom fit to suit the contours of any home.
- Since the Water Lock system only requires a 6”-8” concrete breakout, it leaves the foundation footer intact for increased structural stability.
How to Decide if the Water Lock Plus Solution is Right For You
The best way to determine if a waterproofing method is right for you is to schedule a free in-home assessment with an Olshan Certified Structural Technician. With absolutely no obligation and no cost, Olshan’s highly-trained staff will guide you through the Water Lock Plus basement moisture control solution and answer all of your questions.