Like many college towns, Oxford is filled with educated, intelligent people. But even in a town as smart as Oxford many homeowners are woefully unaware of how vulnerable their foundations are to the depredations of time and nature. Businesses and commercial properties in the area are just as susceptible to the foundation troubles that plague the residents of Oxford.
But there’s one company that understands the dangers and complexities of the local soil and is prepared to deal with them aggressively and effectively. Olshan Foundation Repair is Oxford’s premier provider of expert foundation repair and maintenance services.
Foundation damage and its related consequences can be difficult to spot if you aren’t sure what to look for. Luckily, our Certified Structural Technicians will investigate your home’s problems to identify the truth and inform you of your options if indeed your foundation is in serious need of repair—and if we catch the problems in their early stages, even better!
Olshan’s initial evaluation is 100% free-of-charge to the homeowner and comes with no further obligations, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by calling our Oxford, MS team today to schedule your free evaluation.
Why Concrete Slab Foundations & Crawlspace Foundations in Oxford, MS are at Risk
The soil in the North Central Hills of Mississippi is comprised largely of red clay. This type or soil can soak up water like a sponge, and when it does so it will expand in volume and apply significant upward pressure on anything it supports—like your home’s foundation, for example. Likewise, then the climate dries or droughts develop, that clay soil will lose its moisture and contract, causing building foundations to sag or sink back into the earth.
This alternating pattern of upward and downward movement puts foundations under tremendous stress, and no matter how well constructed they are, structural and functional problems can eventually develop. Symptoms can include cracking, crumbling and displacement, which can cause associated moisture problems in basements, crawlspaces and homes when rainfall is heavy or soil is saturated by excess groundwater.
Unstable soil is the primary reason why foundations in Lafayette County tend to fail over time, But you can overcome the threat. If your home suffers from foundation damage, Olshan technicians will work to make repairs on time and on budget. Most of our procedures and products are backed by Warranty Programs, making them a worry-free investment for Oxford residents who want results they can count on.
Is Your Foundation in Trouble? Here’s How to Spot the Signs
How can you tell if your foundation is in trouble, or if you’re having serious water infiltration problems in your basement or crawlspace? Here are some common telltale signs:
- Cracks and crevices in basement walls or on slab floors.
- Invasions of insects, snakes or rodents.
- Basement walls that bulge or are otherwise deformed.
- Wood rot that affects support beams or other structural elements.
- Mold and mildew infestations in basements or crawlspaces.
- Puddles on basement or crawlspace floors.
- High humidity levels in the home, accompanied by musty, unpleasant odors.
- Doors or windows that stick or suddenly appear misaligned.
- Thin, horizontal cracks in upstairs plaster walls or ceilings.
Age is yet another warning signs you shouldn’t ignore: if your home or commercial building is more than 20 years old, you should have it evaluated even if you cannot identify any clear signs of foundation damage.
How Much Does Foundation Repair in Oxford, MS Cost?
What Can Olshan Do for You in Oxford?
Our menu of services available to clients in Oxford and the surrounding area includes:
- Foundation repair and reinforcement.
- Crawlspace recovery and encapsulation.
- Basement waterproofing.
- Basement wall repair.
- Outdoor water management.
- Preventive maintenance.
Foundation repair services are our specialty, and we have been offering the most advanced and effective repair solutions for homeowners and business owners since 1933. That’s 14 presidential administrations and counting, for those keeping track at home.
As you can see, we’ve built a reputation for excellence with roots that go back far into the past. But what makes us so successful today is our versatility and eagerness to embrace (or produce) pioneering technology that modernizes the foundation repair and home services industry again and again.
When your foundation is cracking, crumbling, heaving or losing its supportive strength, there can be serious consequences. We can identify the issues and offer the most efficient and effective remedies available in Mississippi. We can also identify the forces that are putting your foundation under duress, and help you address them before the situation gets worse.
So what can Olshan do for you? Everything you could possibly need done, if it involves the health of your foundation and its effect on the rest of your home or commercial building.
Only Olshan Offers the Best Foundation Repair and Related Services in Oxford and Lafayette County
Olshan has been in business for over 87 Years, and our creativity and spirit of innovation is a major reason for our success and longevity. Our foundation repair and waterproofing services incorporate the most up-to-date technologies available in the industry, many of which we’ve invented and/or perfected.
Let’s take a closer look at some of our best foundation repair, home repair and waterproofing products …
- Cable Lock™ ST Plus. Transcending the inefficiencies of bell bottom piers and other outdated foundation repair methods, the Cable Lock™ ST Plus system combines the strength of concrete pilings with the depth penetration of steel piers, in an unbreakable assembly locked together by a galvanized steel cable. Cable Lock™ ST Plus columns lift sagging foundations—and the structures they support—and helps hold them in place with uncompromising stability.
- Wall Lock™ Anchoring System. Basement walls that bow inward from too much exterior water pressure must be restored to satisfactory position and anchored firmly in place, and that is exactly what our Wall Lock™ Anchoring System The Wall Lock™ is a formidable defense against hydrostatic pressure, and once it is installed it will work to help prevent basement walls from warping again in the future.
- Water Lock™ Plus System. Our double-channeled water capture and removal system drains the water from basement or crawlspace perimeters quickly and decisively. The Water Lock™ Plus System is an unobtrusive, but completely reliable remedy to the chronic underground water problems that plague so many Mississippi home and business owners.
- SafeSeal™ System. As heart and soul of our CrawlSafe™ Erawlspace Encapsulation technology, this water-resistant, ceiling-to-wall-to-floor polyethylene liner helps stop water infiltration in its tracks. Encapsulation is the most definitive solution for moisture instrusion in crawlspace areas, and when you purchase the SafeSeal™ and other encapsulation products you’ll be able to reclaim your crawlspace from the ravages of chronic dampness.
- SafeAdjust® Support Columns. When wooden support beams in crawlspaces are sagging (possibly from wood rot related to excess moisture), our SafeAdjust® support columns will prop them up and keep them stable. As its name suggests the SafeAdjust™ is fully adjustable, so our technicians won’t leave your home until they’ve installed these superior-strength support columns to the exactly required specifications.
- Olshan’s Outdoor Drainage System. The Olshan Drainage System for outdoor water removal represents a revolutionary breakthrough in exterior water management technology. Water flow is maximized and clogging of the system is eliminated, guaranteeing high-quality performance that other drainage set-ups cannot beat.
Amazing Technology, Superior Skills and Exceptional Customer Service Make Olshan a Mississippi Standout
Our technology is exceptional, but our evaluation, repair and maintenance services are even better. We employ the most highly-trained technicians in the industry, which means that when you come to Olshan for your foundation and waterproofing needs you’ll be placing your confidence in a proven winner.
Your foundation may or may not appear to be in trouble, but if you own a home, apartment building or commercial building in Oxford or the surrounding area, there’s no reason to take chances. Please call our team s in Oxford today to arrange your free evaluation, and if we uncover problems we’ll offer you a fast, effective and affordable solution.
Olshan serves all of Lafayette County and Mississippi including; Oxford, Taylor, Thaxton, Ecru, Chulahoma, Batesville, Paris, New Albany, Hickory Flat, Holly Springs, Jackson, Hattiesburg, Tupelo, Meridian, Corinth and all points in between, Olshan is your best source for long-lasting foundation repair solutions.