- Foundation Repair
- Basement Waterproofing
- Exterior Water Management
- Crawl Space Recovery
- Wall Repair
- Crack Repair & Concrete Levelling
- Commercial Services
- Builder Services
- Plumbing Services
- Home Elevation
- Air Quality
- Foundation Resources
From Baton Rouge to New Orleans, Lake Charles to Shreveport, Monroe to DeRidder, homes and business across Louisiana experience foundation damage on a regular basis. Most foundation damage in Louisiana is due to soil contraction and expansion under and around a foundation.
Louisiana Soil, Climate and Damage to Your Foundation
The landscape and existing soil conditions of Louisiana were primary forged by sediment that washed down the Mississippi River. The residual effects resulted in large deltas and areas of marsh and swampland.
Louisiana has a humid subtropical climate influenced by the Gulf of Mexico. The climate is characterized by long periods of high temperatures and short, mild winters. The state receives a lot of rain throughout the year, with a usual peak in the summer months.
Much of the underlying soil in Louisiana contains clay and silt. When these soil components get wet, either from rain, irrigation, ground water or flooding, they absorb the moisture and swell. In contrast, when clay and silt soil experiences hot, dry weather or drought, it shrinks and hardens. Both the contraction and expansion cause foundations to move, shift and settle, and can lead to cracks, warping, and serious structural damage over time.
For homeowners in Louisiana, battling nature is no easy task. Structural problems will always be prevalent in the region. It’s important to look for signs of damage early, before more serious structural repairs are needed. Addressing foundation issues early on can often save thousands-of-dollars in repairs.
Signs of Foundation Damage in Louisiana
The indications of foundation damage in Louisiana structures can be found both inside and outside of homes with concrete slab or crawl space foundations. Signs of foundation damage generally appear in the floors or walls and may include:
- Distorted doors and window frames
- Doors and windows that stick or won’t close properly
- Cracked or popped floor tiles
- Spongy, shaky or soft-feeling spots in the floor
- Walls that bow out or bulge in
- Creaking, cracking or popping sounds
- Cracks in the walls, sheetrock, dry wall, ceiling or brickwork
- Chimneys that tilt or pull away from the house
- Wet crawl space or water pooling near or under the house
- Doors or windows with gaps above the frames
Shreveport, LA Foundation Repair
If you suspect that your home is experiencing foundation problems it’s important to address them sooner than later. Fortunately, Olshan is here to help. We operate in Louisiana from our office in Longview, and service areas that encompass much of Louisiana, including; Shreveport, Mansfield, Coushatta, Natchitoches, DeRidder, Alexandria, Ruston, Monroe, Minden, Winffield, Jonesboro, Marksville, Natchez, and Colfax.
We service Louisiana with products and machinery from our office in Longview, but we have Olshan Certified Structural Technicians in Louisiana everyday!
Our services include:
- Repairing damaged concrete slab foundations by installing cost-effective pilings to support your structure. Installation is backed by an available Lifetime Warranty program that includes ongoing customer support.
- Repairing sagging or uneven floors and damaged crawl space homes using adjustable, reinforced crawl space support columns. As well as mitigating intrusive crawl space moisture problems.
- Mitigating pooling water and preventing foundation problems from emerging in the future using a wide variety of effective, exterior drainage solutions.
Schedule a free, no-obligation assessment today.
What Can Olshan Do for Your Foundation?
Unlike many other home repairs, foundation damage isn’t a fix that can be put off. After all, your foundation provides the underlying support that keeps your home safe and secure. If you’re noticing signs of foundation damage in your Louisiana home or commercial structure, get in touch with Olshan today by calling 318-635-4800. We’ve been fixing foundations since 1933, and can schedule a free estimate to help get your foundation back on solid ground. We also offer convenient financing programs that make fixing your foundation hassle free.
At this time Olshan does not offer service to all areas of Louisiana but we do service many. Please give us a call for more information. Even if we are unable to travel to you we will be glad to offer free advice right over the phone.