We spend nearly one third, or 30% of our time at work in our chosen field or discipline. This is an extraordinary amount over our entire lives. Choosing an organization that you can trust to treat you fairly, give you an opportunity to grow and rely upon for your livelihood can be challenging. At Olshan, our skilled trade professionals are a huge part of our success and family, and we believe every family, whether the one at work or at home, deserves a solid foundation.
With Olshan’s 85-plus-year history, it’s clear we’ve evolved into just such a trustworthy employer: in some locations we have employee tenures of over 30 years—nearly unheard of in today’s transactional and highly-fluid job market.
Thinking about joining the Olshan team? Here are 10 great reasons why you should join the Olshan Family and become one of our skilled Crew Members.
- We Offer Steady Pay and Employment – We understand that Crew Members who normally work traditional construction jobs may have periods where payment is sporadic. This is not the case at Olshan. Joining the Olshan Family means you get steady pay and consistent work, with plenty of opportunities for overtime.
- We Offer Affordable Health Care and a Competitive Benefits Package – At Olshan, we understand the importance of reliable healthcare to the overall employment experience and we strive to evaluate and offer plans that deliver the most value to our employees. We also offer 401k, and the potential for bonuses.
- We Build a Secure Path to Promotion Based on Performance – We have a steadily increasing number of Crew Members who have gone on to become Crew Supervisors and even General Managers during their careers at Olshan. We promote from within, and work with our Crew Members from the beginning, letting them know that wherever they set their sights and career goals, we’ll stand behind them. Right from the start, we want to understand what your goals are and determine how we can help you achieve them.
- We Have an Employee Appreciation Program for ALL Employees – Our Olshan culture is one in which we celebrate employee accomplishments with annual awards and special recognitions and incentives, including Crew Member of the Year. March 1st is our annual company wide Employee Appreciation Day.
- We Offer A Proven Mentorship Program – Whether you have a ton of experience or are new to the field, new Olshan Crew Members hit the ground running with help from our 30-day Mentorship Program. As a new Crew Member, you will be partnered with an experienced Crew Member or Supervisor who will become your ‘go-to’ resource as you transition into your new role with Olshan. Your Mentor is assigned starting day one and will be there ensure you have a smooth and positive onboarding experience.
- We’re Serious About Employee Feedback – We have an open-door policy for all employees, and we encourage employee feedback through ongoing surveys. Our Human Resource Department works hard to integrate employee ideas and feedback into policies and standard operating procedures.
- We’re a Company That Supports Charitable Giving – Olshan partners with Toys for Tots annually to make sure kids from needy families get to make great Holiday Season memories of their own. Each Olshan location works with local representatives to participate in toy drives and events benefitting kids in the area.
- We Offer Tuition Reimbursement for Crew Members – Find a class or certification that will help broaden your skill set? We’ve got you covered. Our program is not limited to corporate and/or sales roles. Crew Members are included! Reimbursement covers up to $1,000 per semester.
- We Offer Customized Referral Programs (programs vary by Olshan location) – Refer-a-friend and you could be eligible for a referral bonus if they come aboard and stay through a 90-day employment period.
- Women-friendly Crew Member Positions Are Available – We welcome and encourage women to join our crews, and we’re always looking to expand.