Crawl Space Problems? Out of Sight. Out of Mind. So Why Consider a Complete Crawl Space Recovery?
- Inadequate Structural Support
- Deteriorating Wood
- Moisture Problems that Lead to Mold, Mildew and other Environmental Problems
- Insect and Rodent Intrusions
Let’s face it, crawl spaces are just plain nasty. Generally unusable. Serving as a breeding ground for mold and insects. In it, there are things that threaten the safety of your home. And pose health risks for your family.
Typical Problems in a Crawl Space
There are two types of common problems in your crawl space: Inadequate Structural Support and Environmental Hazards.
Inadequate Structural Support
- Sloping or uneven floors
- Cracks in brick, walls or block
- Doors that stick or won’t close
- Loose or bouncing floors
- Musty or stale odors or high humidity in the living area
- Insects or rodents inside your home
- Increased energy costs
- Wood rot in the home’s structure
- Standing water, mildew or poor air quality in the crawl space
- Buckled hardwood floors
- Condensation on air conditioning ductwork or equipment