Meet Chris Cates!
Chris Cates has been in the foundation repair industry since the late 80’s. Since 2013, he has been the General Manager for Olshan Foundation Repair Houston. Mr. Cates’ expertise designing foundation repairs, managing production, working with customers and management in both the residential and commercial structure side of the industry, make him one of the leaders in the industry both locally and nationally. He has worked on all types of structures in different regions of the country.
Mr. Cates was born in Houston Texas, lived in Tennessee, West Virginia and Virginia. He attended college and played football at Virginia Tech and returned home to his home state of Texas in 1982 where he went to work in the Boilermaker’s Local Union #74 as a Boilermaker and Welder.
Mr. Cates met his wife Sandy, and was married in May of 1985; together they have three sons, Christopher Jr., Thomas and Dillon. Chris and Sandy have also had the pleasure of fostering several children, one of which has become somewhat of an adopted Grandbaby, Raven. Raven is loved and thought of as one of their own.
His hobbies are cooking, fishing, hunting, riding his Harley and spending time with Sandy, good friends and his boys in the country at their family home in central Texas.
- Journeyman Boilermaker and Certified Welder
- C. F. R. S. (Certified Foundation Repair Specialist)
- C.S.T. & C.C.S.T. in Foundation Repair, Drainage and Water Management
- Time Past President of the Foundation Repair Association (Houston Chapter)
- Certified Lead Renovator
- Committeeman for the P.L.S.R. Little Wranglers Rodeo
- 40 Year Master Mason, Scottish rite
- 10 Year Member of B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) bacaworld.org
- Agency Child Liaison for the Houston Chapter of B.A.C.A.
- Certified Foster Family for the State of Texas
Chris Cates in the News
- CW39 Houston (Video): GPS data shows Harvey bent the Earth’s crust beneath Houston
- ABC 13 News (Video): Owners elevating home following Hurricane Harvey flooding
- CW39 Houston (Video): Labor and construction jobs after Harvey
- Foundation Performance Association (Presentation): Post Foundation Repair Performance – A Study of Foundation Repair Failure