Austin, Texas has a long hot, and humid summer, and shorter but very mild winters. The abundance of lakes, rivers, and creeks nearby and the humid subtropical climate mean a high water table in some areas, and flooding is not outside the realm of possibility. Your foundation, and more specifically your crawl space, can suffer from a variety of issues related to water that should be assessed and remediated as soon as possible. Mold growing or standing water can make a home unsafe and in some cases uninhabitable. Our expert technicians can help with a process called “Crawl Space Encapsulation” which consists of a variety of procedures designed to remove mold & moisture from your crawl space.
Your crawl space may need some dehumidifying or better ventilation to improve airflow during hot and humid weather. Encapsulation can include, but is not limited to the following procedures:
- Interior Drainage systems can be installed to help remove water safely
- Exterior Drainage Systems, like french drains, can be installed around the outside of your space to keep standing water away from your foundation before it seeps into your crawl space.
- Vapor barriers may be installed on walls and floors within the crawl space to help keep moisture & pests outside
- Your location may benefit from a dehumidifier that is designed to decrease excess humidity and improve indoor air quality inside the home. These can be set up to turn themselves on and off as needed based on the relative humidity of the space.
- If you have a very high water table and standing water is an issue, a sump pump can be used to drain & remove standing water from underneath the home
Along with removing damaging moisture from the space, there are other benefits to Crawl Space Encapsulation:
- Reduces allergens
- Eliminates musty odors that can invade the main part of your home
- Keeps pests out of your house that might gain access through the crawl space
- Reduces heating & cooling costs and extends the life of your heating & cooling appliances.
How to get Crawl Space Encapsulation in Austin, Texas
Finding help with your crawl space moisture issues is as easy as clicking below or giving us a call – our team of experts can come to take a look at your crawl space and give you an estimate to mitigate any damage and ensure further damage is prevented.
What our Austin & Tyler, TX Crawl Space Encapsulation Clients Have to Say on Google:
I was impressed by how professional and thorough everyone was that we worked with. Megan was super helpful and went above and beyond to help in any way that she could. We got an appointment quickly and Hayden came and looked at the house. He was personable and explained what was going on so that we could understand. The job went smoothly and didn’t take as long as I had expected. When the job was finished I couldn’t even tell that they had been here. The guys even took some leftover dirt and filled holes in my backyard. I would recommend Olshan to anyone that needs foundation repair.
April 16, 2020